Monday 30 November 2015

Ancillary Task- Poster Creation

This is the evidence of how we created our movie poster using Adobe Photoshop.


Ancillary task – Poster Creation from Harry Naylor

Each slide corresponds to each of the steps below:
  1. (TITLE SLIDE)
  2. I opened a new document, making it the same size as a typical movie poster. (A4) 
  1. I then used the paint bucket tool to cover the whole page in black. 
  1. I then inserted the image of “The Door” that we had saved elsewhere, and positioned this in the bottom right hand corner. 
  1. Then, using the font REALVIRTUE, I added the main actor’s names around the outside of the door. Then using the brush tool I applied shading to the upper quarter of the text. 
  1. The next thing I did was insert an image of blood splatter to the upper half of the poster. 
  1. In Adobe InDesign, I created the main title of “The Door”, using Minion Pro, Size 72 in Dark Red, I then copied and pasted this into the movie poster document. 
  1. I then inserted the image of a Harry's hands we created earlier and used the eraser tool to remove everything on the outside of the two “O”’s in “The Door”. I placed this layer below the main title layer. 
  1. I then copied and pasted another layer of the main title but in a darker red to add shading to the previous layer. 
  1. Once again in Adobe InDesign, I created the subtitle using Minion Pro, Size 24 in white, then pasted this into the poster document. 
  1. Staying in InDesign, I created the credits for the poster using Bee Two, Size 16 in white, and pasted this into the poster document. 
  1. We had rated our film a 15 and so we added an age rating plaque in the bottom right hand corner. 
  1. The next thing we did was add our production company logos under our credits. 
  1. Back in InDesign we created our social media links using Minion Pro, Size 24 in white and pasted this into the poster document. 
  1. Finally we created our “Coming Soon” text in Minion Pro, Size 24 and white, then pasted it into our poster document. 

No comments:

Post a Comment