Sunday 15 November 2015

Original Photo in Poster

We decided to use an original photo that we took our self as part of our magazine poster.


1-First we took a photo of my hand against a solid background.

2- We then opened this image up in Adobe Photoshop. I used the magnetic lasso tool to draw around the hand.



3- I inversed it, and deleted the background, leaving the hand on its own.


4- I removed the background and then changed the image to greyscale. I filled it in the make it fully black.


5- On a new window in Photoshop I used the gradient tool to get a black to white gradient.


6- I inserted the image of the hand onto the gradient and shrunk it down so it was across the gradient I wanted. (mainly grey but fading slightly to black).


7- I drew an oval around the hand, so it would fit into the 'O' of 'Door' more easily. I inversed it again and deleted the rest of the background leaving just the hand in the oval.

We will then insert this image into our poster when we have finished making it. I will copy and paste the image and flip it so it looks like there's two hands. I will then insert it into the 'O's of 'Door'


No comments:

Post a Comment