Tuesday 17 November 2015

Ancillary Task- Magazine Cover Creation

Here is the evidence of how we created out magazine cover using Adobe Photoshop.
Each slide corresponds to each of the steps below:
  1. (TITLE SLIDE)
  2. I opened a new document, making it the same size as a typical magazine cover. (A4) 
  1. I then used the bucket tool to fill the whole page in black. 
  1. I then added a background image that we had previously found. 
  1. As we was having our film featured on “EMPIRE” magazine, we added their title to our front cover and I added shading to it using the brush tool. 
  1. Then using Adobe InDesign, I created a subtitle using Myriad Pro, Size 24 in white, then pasted this into our front cover document. 
  1. I then pasted an image of our dead girl into our document, then using the eraser tool, I removed everything surrounding her and replaced it with a red glow. 
  1. I then added an image of a movie scroll. I added a drop shadow as well as bevel and emboss to this layer. I also added an inner glow and a gradient overlay of white to grey. I then inserted images below this layer on the inside of the gaps in the movie scroll. 
  1. Back in Adobe InDesign I created promotional movie titles using Myriad Pro, Size 22 in red and white text. I then pasted it into the bottom of our front cover document. 
  1. I then added our movie’s tagline to the poster, having it sit alongside the movie reel. We created this using Lucida Fax. Size 30 in white and italics. 
  1. I then had our movies title placed above this tag line. We created this in Adobe InDesign using Lucida Fax, Size 60 in red; I added a drop shadow to this layer. 
  1. I then added information about what is inside the magazine (Interviews with actors), I did this using Firenze SF, Size 24 in white. We also used Lucida Fax, Size 24, in red for the actual actor names. For what each actor would be “talking about” we used Lucida Fax, Size 14 in white and italics. 
  1. Then, using the shape tool, I added a blue circle on the left hand side of the front cover. I then added another slightly smaller circle, in black, and added a drop shadow to this. I placed it inside the blue circle. 
  1. I then added images of the new star wars movie in the centre of the two circles. 
  1. I then added text promoting the Star Wars movie and placed this inside of the two circles. We did this using Lucida Fax, Size 12 in white and red. 

No comments:

Post a Comment